Mad Max meets zombies in indie Aussie movie "Wyrmwood"

Here's a seven-minute teaser for "Wyrmwood," an indie zombie movie from Australia that merges zombies with Mad Max. It's really a very, very good little short on its own, and convinced me to kick in $20 towards the production fundraiser on Indiegogo. I want to see this movie get made!

About two years ago my brother and I came up with the idea to meld Mad Max with Dawn of the Dead and make the best zombie film ever produced in Australia. Cut to now and we’re about a third of the way through the film and still going strong.

We’ve assembled a cracking cast & crew of disgustingly talented actors, filmmakers & make-up artists who are all working their guts out in order to deliver a piece of ‘Oz-ploitation’ cult cinema that will sit easily next to the likes of Evil Dead, Bad Taste & 28 Days Later …

WYRMWOOD: An Aussie Zombie Film (Thanks, Sam!)

28 Responses to “Mad Max meets zombies in indie Aussie movie "Wyrmwood"”

1. brian schneider says:

This looks great. Hope it gets finished.

2. Justin Kuhn says:

SPOILERS

Let me get this straight, the zombies breath is toxic, so you need an oxygen tank if you’re going to be near them, and the cars run on zombie breath? Sweet.

• tacochuck says:

I am not too sure that is how it goes. They didn’t seem to need O2 or respirator when they were up close capturing the zombie, or I missed it.

And I totally missed the vehicle ran on zombie breath, but ya cool.

3. kmoser says:

Psychos killing people in movie theaters: uncool. Movies about people killing zombies: cool. There’s no accounting for human values.

4. “and make the best zombie film ever produced in Australia”    Better than Undead?   Good luck with that…

5. Itsumishi says:

Looks great. I can’t remember where I’ve seen that main actor though. He certainly looks familiar.

6. spiderking says:

Where do all these Australians get their American football gear?

7. remainzz says:

I used to watch Neighbours

8. Peter Bruce says:

PS   My ex wife would be spot for a roll in the movie

9. Samsa says:

I believe it’s high time we move on from all of this zombie nonsense. Zombies are the new vampire. It’s over.

10. endrest says:

The production values are nice, but the lack of dialogue made it more boring than it should have been. If they can’t think of dialogue, then they should fill the blank audio space with some music that’s more dramatic. Imagine how boring The Road Warrior would have been without the beautiful music playing (when no one is talking –which is most of the movie).  C’mon noob filmmakers, audio is the other half of a video! It would be nice if more budding filmmakers took foley seriously, too.