Smells like shopping

15 Responses to “Smells like shopping”

1. gandalf23 says:

ugh.  I already have to avoid malls around Christmas because of all the smells of the season kicking in my allergies and asthma (i’m insanely allergic to christmas trees!).  guess I’ll have to avoid shopping all together!  :)

2. Jorpho says:

Bah!  This sort of thing gets trotted out every couple of years, and the papers re-write the same articles about the primal suggestive power of scents, and nothing ever changes.

It is only a matter of time before the scent-making PC peripheral resurfaces yet again.

3. Art says:

I would have guessed it would be “lemon-scented”,  as is every damn product on the market.

Well, it’s still the tyranny of citrus fragrance anyway :)

4. Marja Erwin says:

So is this instead of the headache-inducing dizziness-inducing perfume smells, or in addition to them?

• Lupus_Yonderboy says:

All of them, all the time.  Not layered, though – you’ll go from intense orange to intense perfume to intense pine-sol (different from pine, that tends to be tolerable), one after another after another.

5. As long as it cloaks the stench of Abercrombie and Fitch.

6. Ping Kee says:

Great. Researchers discover a scent that helps humans think more clearly (read the article to which David linked) and conclude the best way to use it is to make people buy more things. What a pity these people didn’t devise, conduct and analyse their research in the presence of said scent.

7. sean says:

Old news. Hollister already stinks like salty something, and I remember hearing that those cookie places have the canned scent of baking  to attract customers.

8. IronEdithKidd says:

Guess I’ll only be doing mall shopping when I have a headcold in the future.