Mark Frauenfelder is the founder of Boing Boing and the editor-in-chief of MAKE and Cool Tools. Twitter: @frauenfelder. His new book is Maker Dad: Lunch Box Guitars, Antigravity Jars, and 22 Other Incredibly Cool Father-Daughter DIY Projects

28 Responses to “Overly Attached Girlfriend at the American Music Awards”

1. bcsizemo says:

What the hell is this and why is the stereo so shitty?

Damn you BB for bringing out that “part” of youtube.

• EeyoreX says:

“Why is the stereo so shitty?” should be the official slogan of the American Association Against First World Problems. It’d look great on a tshirt!

• bcsizemo says:

I can forgive a complete amateur doing some converting from a VHS tape to a PC to put on youtube who ends up with some horribly interlaced video with mono sound all on the left channel…  But this seems to have some sense of being a professionally done video.  Why do we have music on center, her on the right most of the time, and then sometimes she’s on the left.  That’s just poor post production.

Yes, my jimmies are rustled.

• It’s internet culture and get off my lawn, old man.

2. Enki says:

For a meme come to life, she’s pretty funny in her own right.

3. destroy_all_humans says:

they should have her on the nobel prize red carpet. The astro-physics guys love the invisible rope gag

4. FilthyCreature says:

I really love Laina and I have no idea why.  Maybe because she seems so genuine?  Maybe because she reminds me of some of my ex-girlfriends (but not in an overly attached way…)

5. RJ says:

The bit near the end was particularly funny, getting all those people to do her signature crazy smile. Walker ought to get a publicist/agent and try to get into some movies. Her notoriety online might give her an edge and launch a pretty decent career.

6. Alex Liggett says:

I’d rather watch someone like this who is aware of the joke of the Red Carpet rather than those corporate android women who act like it actually means something.

7. She’s really cute and funny.  I could definitely handle the over attachment; my pet rabbit would be expendable at any rate.

8. jimh says:

I have a whole new level of respect for her after seeing this, she’s kind of hilarious.

9. The Google story alone was worth the price of admission.

10. Navin_Johnson says:

She’s infinitely funnier and more likeable than the people walking by.

11. BunnyShank says:

She has an Elizabeth Montgomery vibe.

12. dethbird says:

excellent, she is great!

13. She’s a human meme.

14. Bruce Elrick says:

She’s funny but that look is disconcertingly creepy. Which is why it works but it makes me uncomfortable.

15. J Felton says:

I got a kick out of her.

16. wrybread says:

That was thoroughly awesome. So modern, so smart. 4:52, where she gets interviewed by the interviewee and plays the jaded industry insider, was frickin genius. I hope she does a lot of these.