Digital Journal has the story. "Wednesday, Spanish border police who arrested a Panamanian woman for smuggling cocaine at the Barcelona airport found 3 pounds of cocaine in her breasts." (Thanks, Leo!)

22 Responses to “Woman smuggles 3lbs of cocaine in her breasts”

1.  Three pounds of coke and boobs – that’s enough to give a man a heart attack.

2. Trip Edgerton says:

I’m guessing they meant in her bra?

• sagodjur says:

No, read the article. She got cocaine implants and tried to use breast augmentation as the cover story. Apparently she underestimated the desire of individuals to examine breasts closely…

3. Dwen Dooley says:

No, in her implants.

4. Brainspore says:

That was a plot device in the first season of “Nip/Tuck,” except that time it was heroin.

5. gumbowing says:

I’ve heard of peanut smuggling but this?

6. fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that the border control techniques that allow you to distinguish between breast implants filled with silicone and breast implants filled with cocaine may or may not be 100% Human Rights A-OK(tm)…

• Ashen Victor says:

The woman was first questioned and gave a string of incoherent answers, she said she had plastic surgery months ago but the wounds were wide open (5 cm / 2 inches) bloody gaps.
      If you look at the photos, you will see that the “implants” are just regular plastic bags filled with a non gelatinous substance, not round and smooth silicon implants.
      So, no need for invasive border control techniques, just common sense and a x-ray machine.

7. Trip Edgerton says:

Golly- That’s horrible. In retrospect, smuggling cocaine in a bra probably wouldn’t even merit mention. I’m not sure if this story is evidence of great desperation, stupidity,or both.

8. TheMudshark says:

In before funbags comment … too late.

9. LaHaine says:

In a more modern unit of measurement it was 1.3kg of cocaine.

10. Petzl says:

I can’t imagine how unhygienic that jury rigged implantation must have been.  I’ll wager she was risking serious infection.

11. This is horrific. I highly doubt this woman volunteered to have her breasts mutilated for the purposes of being a mule.

• DisGuest says:

True. People who do coke should consider this, for her sake, but also for the fact that the stash they intend to ingest had been in contact with human body fluids, bacteria, and such.

• I know what you mean, but people have been doing coke and other such drugs for a long time and will continue to for a long time to come. If drugs like this were regulated, there wouldn’t have to be horrific incidents like this taking place. It’s time for a new approach to managing drugs in the world. In fact, it’s long overdue.

• DisGuest says:

I agree. But I’m already pretty hyper, so I don’t use coke. But if I did, this smuggling story, plus countless others, where drugs are hidden in rectums, and so forth, would really disgust me and give me pause. I suppose it’s a different story if you are addicted, but for the casual user, is it worth it?

• RevelryByNight says:

I’m more disgusted by the pictures of SUVs filled with shot-up South American men. The cocaine trade is so ugly and brutal, it pisses me off to see privileged t***s shoving it up their noses at expensive clubs.

I used to do blow, and quit after I saw too many horror stories about poor Latinos murdering each other over white people’s highs.

12. bigyup says:

BUSTED!

13. absimiliard says:

Smuggling things inside of your body via surgical “implants” (scare-quotes for the “they didn’t even finish sewing her up, WTF?” nature) . . . . like most stuff, Heinlein thought of it long ago.

-abs admits Friday isn’t the greatest of books, but this story immediately made me think of Friday’s “pouch”