The Walking Dead gets a fourth season, loses Glen Mazzara as showrunner

10 Responses to “The Walking Dead gets a fourth season, loses Glen Mazzara as showrunner”

1. Aaron Swain says:

“Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways.”
    Uh oh, don’t like the sound of that one bit.

• nowimnothing says:

Given the speed of the farm in season 2. I am really surprised at how fast the prison/woodbury arc is going in season 3. Assuming there is some conclusion to that arc by the end of the season where do we go from there?
      For me the comic loses its way a bit after that. Plus they have already mined a few plots from that stretch of the comic and incorporated them into the prison.

• nvlady says:

I would agree. I loath where the comic (and the new villain) is now. It feels like its getting ready to end, which I dont think would be a bad thing.

2. nowimnothing says:

Well season 2 was horrid, 3 is turning out quite a bit better. Not sure how much Glen helped or hurt in those two very different seasons. The writing seems to be the biggest factor in how good or bad it has been. The special effects and set design are amazing for the budget. The acting is more hit and miss, but I think bad writing can destroy the best actor.

• nvlady says:

I totally agree. Season 2 was a stinker.
      When I first skimmed this title, I thought they meant the character Glen, and I was all, “Woah! It’s too soon!”

3. chgoliz says:

“this news is like getting a delicious cake and then being told it was made by a person who can no longer bake for you.”

Exactly.

Weird personal question to Jamie: speech pattern, starting a sentence with “Well,”….any chance you grew up in Minnesota?

4. Funk Daddy says:

But where does the bullet come out?

5. RadioSilence says:

After reading half the headline I thought we were losing the character of Glen. So glad that’s not happening!

6. Mike Meyer says:

Writer Susan Karlin did a series for Fast Company about all the adjustments that the show needed to do after Frank Darabont left — the whole issue was over bringing down the show budget, and they struggled to maintain the series quality after the disruption.   It was in many ways the same kind of pivot that tech startups go through.  It will be interesting to see where they end up now.