The very excellent Megan Ganz has left Community to write for Modern Family

10 Responses to “The very excellent Megan Ganz has left Community to write for Modern Family

1. therantguy says:

Given that Community is 99% going to be canceled after the eps already filmed air, this was a no brainer decision. Don’t get me wrong, I think Community is the best show on TV but let’s be honest with ourselves…perennially almost canceled-fired showrunner/creator/abysmal ratings = certain death.

2. winkybb says:

Why does she have a monkey on her head?

3. stoicromance says:

Glad she is getting work, but it’s too bad it’s to the perennially over-awarded Modern Family. It has its moments, but they’re far fewer than stuff it beats regularly at awards season.

Ganz, Chelsea Peretti, and Maria Bamford should do a cartoon together.

4. joematango says:

winkybb: The monkey is a semi-regular character on the show. Troy named him Annie’s Boobs, “after, you know, Annie’s Boobs.”

5. SOKONI CHRISTIAN says:

…wait… you weren’t already watching Modern Family?

6. chgoliz says:

Be sure to write a follow-up post if her writing does in fact improve Modern Family.  Everyone tells me to watch it, but the humor seems very old school to me, with all the bigoted stereotypes.  I’d give it another chance if I thought the scripts had improved.

• Thank god I’m not the only one who feels this way.  It’s odd because the individual talents on that show are so good, but together they’re just…awful. And yes, everyone says we should watch it. Bah.

7. Petzl says:

Luckily, the AM talk show “Troy and Abed in the Morning” was given a greenlight and so we’ll all have a soft landing.