With Starbucks gift cards, marijuana grow house bribed neighbors not to snitch

25 Responses to “With Starbucks gift cards, marijuana grow house bribed neighbors not to snitch”

1. Peter says:

Accept gift card.  Act all placated.

Call in anonymous tip.

Win-win.

• Who wins? The cops?  The prison-industrial complex? Its pot, not a meth orchard.

• Peter says:

I win.  I get a gift card, AND I get to not have to live near a criminal grow op.

I’ve got nothing against marijuana, if I knew somebody had a few plants for their personal use, I wouldn’t care or bust them, but the people who buy houses just to grow marijuana in, and sell it elsewhere?  They’re not the type of people I’d like in my neighborhood, thanks.

• MB44 says:

Cops frustrated they can’t obtain probable cause? Have informant call in attempted burglary at address they want to raid. What did the burglary suspect have to say about all this? What? There was nobody apprehended? What a shame! Well at least they have that huge pot bust that they randomly happened upon during this routine traffic stop!
      Jesus, this reeks like cops doing illegal shit as usual.

2. Sparrow says:

What are the odds that the burglary was one of the ones where nothing was taken and no further investigation was warranteddeemed to be necessary after providing a reason for stopping the car.

3. Chuck says:

Maybe the police will learn to be on the lookout for neighborhoods where people flaunt their $47 coffee drinks.

4. semiotix says:

If a marijuana grower didn’t have the decency to at least try to bribe me with marijuana, I’d turn his cheap ass in too!

5. andreasma says:

And to think that just NORTH of market are the toxic derivative trader grow houses and toxic mortgage labs. Unfortunately, they can afford to buy more than Starbuks for the politicians who cover for them

• Hegelian says:

If only the sent of money laundering was probable cause to allow auditors to go through the books of corrupt financial institutions. Instead the fed lets them off with no criminal charges even when it catches them red handed knowingly laundering money for terrorists and drug lords. Whereas local policed have impounded suspect’s bail money under civil asset forfeiture. If you are big you are too big to jail, if you are small you can’t even post bail.

6. Preston Sturges says:

Why have a growhouse in an area with some of the most expensive electrical rates in the country?

• Hegelian says:

You are assuming they weren’t stealing some or all of their electricity.

• Preston Sturges says:

Are Canadians better at stealing the “Hydro” for growing weed?

Anyway, considering this area is likely to have “smart meters,”  I’m kind of surprised the electrical company did not raise the alarm the first time the grower flipped the circuit breaker and created a visible drain on that line.

• L_Mariachi says:

LED grow lights allow you to run an op with loads no greater than the commercial/light-industrial uses typical in that area.

7. Conan Librarian says:

This sounds like the plot to an episode of ‘Weeds’.