Prosecutors call for inaccurate groundhog's death

15 Responses to “Prosecutors call for inaccurate groundhog's death”

1. nachoproblem says:

If Thomas Edison were still around, I’m sure he’d volunteer to electrocute the groundhog.

2. cosmicrob says:

Yeah. It was funny in the Onion too.. http://www.theonion.com/articles/punxsutawney-phil-beheaded-for-inaccurate-predicti,31712/

3. Christopher says:

Somebody should probably warn the prosecutors that even if you kidnap Phil, steal a pickup truck, and drive it off a cliff into a quarry you absolutely will not wake up the next morning completely unharmed in a nice warm B&B bed to the sounds of Sonny and Cher’s “I Got You Babe”.

Trust me on this. Won’t make that mistake again.

4. Peter says:

Look… I’m just going to say it.

If you put the responsibility for correct weather forecasting in the hands of a small rodent…
    perhaps he’s not the one who needs executing when it turns out wrong.  Perhaps it’s the official who made that appointment.

5. Grahamers2002 says:

Why go through a trial?  He is obviously sponsoring terrorist weather-based attacks on the U.S. in which many of our citizens have died?  Send a drone after him!

6. videobored says:

“Groundhog Day used to mean something in this town. They used to pull the hog out, and they used to eat it.” – Phil Conners

7. orwell says:

politicians and meteorologists…  the only professions in which you can be wrong most of the time, and still keep your job…  off with their heads!

8. angusm says:

First they came for the groundhogs, and I did not speak up because I was not a groundhog. Then they came for the weather forecasters, and I did not speak up because I was not a weather forecaster. Then they came for the politicians, and I said “Awesome! Give me a moment, and I’ll run and fetch some gasoline and matches.”

9. SomeGuyNamedMark says: