12 Responses to “Interview with Justin "The Viking" Wren about his work with the Congo’s Pygmy people”

1. Gary61 says:

I’m pretty sure he could take them 2 falls out of 3.

2. spacedmonkey says:

While I’m sure his heart is in the right place, and I am not in any way trying to cast aspersions on his character, I can’t look at anything like this any more without thinking of Kony 2012 and this guy’s analysis of it:

TL;DR: it would be better for us, as Americans, to focus our efforts on reforming the policies of our own government, which even now is supporting fucked up dictatorships in that part of the world, as well as many others, and on the IMF/World Bank, which is extorting tribute from the poorest people in the world in our name.  (You should actually read the article, since my paraphrase really doesn’t do it justice.)

3. SedanChair says:

Godspeed, white man surrounded by beaming Africans. I hope you have your shit together and don’t end up with cufflink marks on your buttcheeks from the multinationals working you like a puppet.

4. Nash Rambler says:

You know what?  Haters gonna hate, but I see a lot of happy kids and a guy bringing a little bit of hope, while everyone else (and I lump myself into this group) is an office chair politician.

5. Nash Rambler says:

Also, I totally want to see him juggle three of those kids like some kind of circus act.

6. peteykins says:

That video is so cute. I kind of want to pet his arms and beard, too!

7. Clark Starr says:

International aid is not all good or all bad. There’s a dearth of information on what this guy is trying to do, sure, but that’s no reason to automatically condemn him. And the knee-jerk, white colonialism stuff is just sophomoric. My curiosity is piqued towards both him and this cause. While ARC currently receives my international donations, I’m happy to find other good places to spread that money.

8. Ito Kagehisa says:

How is he going to do it?  Judging by the picture, he’s going to physically hurl them out of their lives of oppression and poverty.

9. Elaine Darznik says:

A little digging revealed that this heart-in-the-right-place campaign is fronted by a religious outfit. It elicited an “Eeeewwww” response from me. With their affluence they could easily pay for the whole scheme themselves. Shame on you.