R.I.P. Annette Funicello

16 Responses to “R.I.P. Annette Funicello”

1. Boundegar says:

Was that her best work?

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Pineapple Princess is her magnum opus, in my opinion.

• Marcelo Teson says:

For the ultimate Annette Nostalgia Tribute, I recommend this multi-part Mouseketeer arc in which Annette plays a new girl in town who gets shunned by the mean girls at the local sock hop. Really!

In all honestly it’s quite cheesy, but as a sociological artifact it’s absolutely fascinating and Annette is, as always, very charming. My wife, who is a HUGE Annette Funicello fan, made me watch the entire thing over the course of a week. As someone who makes films with kids this age now, it’s very weird to see how they did it then.

2. Nash Rambler says:

Aw shoot.  I knew she had gotten MS, but she just seemed like someone who had supped from the same formula as Dick Clark – ageless.  So long Annette *sad Mickey Mouse wave as I fade to black*

• Waine Vines says:

If you think Victor`s story is astonishing,, a month back my friends mom brought home $7851 working a thirteen hour week from there house and they’re classmate’s sister`s neighbour has done this for eight months and errned over $7851 in their spare time on there mac. the guide at this address……….. ZOO80.ℂom

3. Cunning says:

Hard to believe she dropped out of the biz at age 22 – almost 50 years ago!  She obviously made an impression.

Also, it’s 1965 and Mike Love grooves like a middle-age dork.

4. Sarah Smith says:

She had a special needs child (I was the bus driver) so perhaps that’s why she dropped out of show biz.

5. Dave Faris says:

Wow. This is so early, Mike Love isn’t even wearing a hat.

6. chgoliz says:

First Ebert at 70 and now Funicello at the same age….it’s not a good week.

7. Joe Nolan says:

Had such a crush as a boy. RIP