Ra Chand Citrus Press squeezes every last drop of juice from fruit

21 Responses to “Ra Chand Citrus Press squeezes every last drop of juice from fruit”

1. G3 says:

BB’s editorial is all over the place. Can you combine stories to save us time?

How about combining this industrial press, smashing things with that ice cube tray, and live cats, and see what you can make?

2. nixiebunny says:

A deck screw through the back of the base and into the countertop would solve that tipping problem in a jiffy.

3. silkox says:

I know the aluminum-Alzheimer’s link has been debunked, but I still steer clear of aluminum in contact with citrus juice.

• ryuthrowsstuff says:

Yeah no real links to health problems. But aluminium is pretty reactive and I’d rather my juice not taste like metal.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

I put a sheet of aluminum foil over a salmon mousse once, which had a bit of lemon juice in it. By dinner time, most of the foil was just a layer of black goo on top of the mousse.

4. blueelm says:

But I like the pulp…

and I don’t have counter space. It’s a lot easier for lazy me to pull off most of the peel and just throw the fruit in the blender if  I want to drink it instead of eat it.

(Lime peels are underrated foodstuff)

5. SomeGuyNamedMark says:

Remind me of how one of the nice things about Turkey was that in all the cities you could go into almost any small food store and get fresh squeezed orange or pomegranate juice on the spot.

6. salsaman says:

I used to drink a lot of juice, thinking it was healthy, but… it’s not!

“Soda is bad” gets the big press, but juice isn’t really good for you either.  It’s about as bad as soda.

Eat the fruit if you want a healthy snack.

Doctor girlfriend (now wife) clued me in.

7. Threnody Jones says:

Or you could buy an antique potato ricer at a garage sale for a buck and use a bowl.  It’s how I’ve made fresh lemonade for years.  Fast clean up, less storage, much cheaper.

8. Thorzdad says:

$200 to squeeze juice? Where’s a Maker when you need one?

9. Amira Esk says:

I’m a bit confused. I’ve seen these my entire life (I’m 45) in Italian and Greek cafe type mom and pop joints growing up in Montreal and all over Israel as a kid. Is this something new here in the US? I’m pretty sure they must have been incredibly popular in coffee shops and restaurants that serve a lot of fresh juice on this side of the world.