A children's guide to splattered bugs

10 Responses to “A children's guide to splattered bugs”

1. sam1148 says:

I want to this to be real. I really doubt it. The Hex shaped trash can..doesn’t seem 76..and the orange safety poles that are bolt up right cylinders seem out of place for 76.

The bottom bit of the Gas gauge icon with the the indicator pointing to the left side is either the first media of that icon being used or someone placing a photoshop thing without understanding about the 70′s.

I might be wrong on that—but that that gas arrow icon wasn’t used until Japanese imports became popular in later 70′s.

2. SedanChair says:

I didn’t choose bug life, bug life chose me

3. swild says:

~3 year old advertising. Really great.

• David Pescovitz says:

It’s interesting and new to me. And fortunately, that’s the only filter I need when deciding whether to post something.

• mewyfijeteco says:

мy ɴeιɢнвor’ѕ ѕтep-ѕιѕтer мαĸeѕ $61/нoυr oɴ тнe coмpυтer. ѕнe нαѕ вeeɴ lαιd oғғ ғor ѕeveɴ мoɴтнѕ вυт lαѕт мoɴтн нer pαy cнecĸ wαѕ $20626 jυѕт worĸιɴɢ oɴ тнe coмpυтer ғor α ғew нoυrѕ. нere’ѕ тнe ѕιтe тo reαd мore http://www.Moretimeforoneself.qr.net/kkEj

4. silkox says:

It’s real, all right. I saw one weeks ago, but did I think to submit it to boingboing? Noooo.

5. Doran says:

Awesome. Can’t wait for the roadkill version.

6. GlenBlank says:

It’s real.  I got yelled at once in Studio City by some woman who assumed I was a paparazzo because I was snapping pics of one of these signs back when they first appeared.

I have no idea who she was, but then, I don’t watch enough TV to be able identify all the airbrushed, designer-clad Somebodies around here. :-)  Makes for nice scenery, though. :-)

The folks at 76 have been having a lot of fun with their station-signage ads.  My fave is the ad for “The Quiet Game”, a free smartphone app for loud children in cars.

(Which is also real, BTW, along with several other useful Road Tools, including the delightful Honk Suppressor, a free hardware device that many people desperately need.)