A fascinating letter about prison life, written by John Kiriakou, the former CIA agent who was sent to prison for blowing the whistle about the federal government's secret torture campaign.
RedShirt77 does a good job listing the astounding things about this letter:
So much is disturbing about this letter.
1. This man is in jail for having a conscience
2. This prison is full of drug offenders that have no business being there
3. The guards are tin plated dictators who are stupid enough to think they can outsmart a CIA agent
4. The guards put together a rouse that could have gotten one of two prisoners killed and fear no repercussion
5. We call that a justice system under a democratic president.
Mark Frauenfelder is the founder of Boing Boing and the editor-in-chief of MAKE and Cool Tools. Twitter: @frauenfelder. His new book is Maker Dad: Lunch Box Guitars, Antigravity Jars, and 22 Other Incredibly Cool Father-Daughter DIY Projects