Genuinely funny response from a pharmacy trolled over its junk-mail

12 Responses to “Genuinely funny response from a pharmacy trolled over its junk-mail”

1. Vinnie Tesla says:

I’d say that qualifies as an SF short-short in the form of an advertising flyer. Well done,  guys! For that, the least they deserve is a link: http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Home.aspx

2. dumbeast says:

Is future-leakage becoming a thing?
    I’m getting the feeling that this might be a thing…

3. s2redux says:

Everexis sounds like the next-gen Progenitorivox. Despite not seeing it on TV, I’d still like to give it a try; what’s the worst that could happen?

4. Jonathan Colvin says:

This seems too out of left field to be viral marketing, so I’m assuming it’s legit. Way to go, underemployed CSR!

• Rezeya Montecore says:

I wonder if companies will wake up someday to the value of hiring witty people who can deviate from a script as their CSRs…

Naaah. :(

5. robuluz says:

Heh heh. I like this. Most of the time when you abandon etiquette and try to communicate with strangers as though they were real people who shared your sense of humour, your reward is the certain knowledge that your sense of humour is strange, disturbing and completely opaque to the vast majority of the rest of the universe.

Nice to connect once in a while.

6. PickledBeatnik says:

This redefines win!

7. alexandra groover says:

@robuluz:disqus  Yes, I agree. I was once in a bar and we wanted to eat the cake we had just purchased at another location. So I went up to the barman and started my conversation with “I have a modest proposal,” to which he replied, “That we feast on an infant?”
    The fact that he got my Jonathan Swift reference without a second of hesitation was absolutely heart-warming :)

8. Listener43 says:

I’m guessing that they’re planning to hide from the horde rather than from the hoard.

9. Oscar Homolka says:

Never, EVER post garbage sourced on Google+.  It’s WORSE than Shopper’s Drug Mart spam.

Just don’t.  Make your contributors have a normal website, not some corporate crap octopus to line Google’s pockets.

10. andy gardner says:

Hi, this is Andrew, the guy who sent Shoppers the email.
    The writer has outed himself as @writingMark:twitter on Twitter. He’s a writier – here’s his site http://markoliverfiction.wordpress.com/ (It’s a normal website, not a crap octopus).
    Today Shoppers corporate called me, as apparently they were actively looking for who wrote the response – it was not an approved message. Thankfully he will not be punished, they’ve said.