18 Responses to “A24 Films logo motion graphic”

1. xzzy says:

I generally dislike the parade of over the top logos that get sequenced in front of movies, but even so, that pair of animations are seriously great.

2. Beau Giles says:

So you’re saying The Bling Ring is a bad movie.

• David Pescovitz says:

Not at all. I thought it was pretty fun, but I’ve enjoyed Sofia Coppola’s previous films much more. However, this logo treatment is outstanding!

3. Deidzoeb says:

Best part of the movie was the production company logo?

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Did you see Watchmen? After the opening title sequence, the rest of the film was really disappointing.

• Deidzoeb says:

I think of the film as a supplement to the graphic novel. If you have that going through your head the whole time, you might enjoy parts of it. It doesn’t stand alone. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who wasn’t a fan of the comic. And I can’t understand why everyone is gaga in anticipation of a new Superman by the people who brought us Watchmen, 300, Sucker Punch and Nolan’s Il Duce-Knight.

4. TheOven says:

I love logo animations. This one is very nice. I like both versions. I still think WGBH is my fave. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWJR8TFaldA

5. bcsizemo says:

Hello 1975, or low budget 80′s.

6. knoxblox says:

I’d like to know the reason for the name. The English chess opening, perhaps, or the highway?

7. looks pretty simple with the masking and keyframing. can we speak mograph in here? i wonder if they used after effects to animate or cinema4d. c4d is more adept for making repeatable shapes to be used as mattes in ae…which is the only i ask.

8. Nicky G says:

I seem to remember some show I used to watch in the 19A0s that began with this. But I can’t quite remember what it was…

9. Joseph Francis says:

I have to admit I can’t discern what the concept is. Can someone explain it to me? It appears to be just a decorative animation. Sorry to be dense.

10. Thorzdad says:

Do we know they used true, old-school optical motion graphics for the logos? Or are these contemporary CG pieces with the “retro mograph” filter enabled? They’re really nice either way.