Escape Artists, the nonprofit that runs excellent sf/f/h podcasts like Escape Pod, Pseudopod, and Podcastle, is in financial trouble. You can help!
1. Escape Artists has a major cash problem. This has been caused by a massive increase in the amount of listeners which has not been accompanied by an increase in donations. In fact those have started to decrease. This situation is unsustainable and we will close at the end of 2013 without a major increase in subscriptions.
2. Click anywhere on this line for the 44 minute meta-cast from all three shows explaining this.
3. We need money. There are two ways to do this either by donating or subscribing. One off donations are lovely and we’re incredibly grateful. Subscriptions cost you much less and raise our base level of funds on a monthly basis. Those are going to help much more in the mid term.
4. This is Escape Pod’s Homepage. Click on the DONATE or SUBSCRIBE buttons on the right hand side.
5. This is Pseudopod’s Homepage. Click on the DONATE or SUBSCRIBE buttons on the right hand side.
6. This is the Podcastle Homepage. Click on the DONATE or SUBSCRIBE buttons on the right hand side.
7. Click here to donate via Dwolla. Our ID is 812-527-2340
The Escape Artists Situation: TL;DR Version
One of UK Prime Minister Theresa May’s government ministers told a reporter from The Sun that the government is planning on invoking the “Technical Capabilities Orders” section of the Snoopers Charter, a 2016 domestic spying bill; the “orders” allow the government to demand that companies cease using working cryptography in their products and services, substituting […]
Greg Gianforte, the Republican candidate in Montana’s congressional election, attacked a reporter from UK newspaper The Guardian, body-slamming him and breaking his glasses. In audio recorded by Ben Jacobs, who covers the U.S. political beat, you can hear Gianforte getting shirty, then, when pressed, the muffled sounds of what Jacobs said was “the strangest thing […]
This is a good homebrew documentary about Little Rascals’ Carl “Alfalfa” Switzer. He was born in 1929. As an adult he held a variety of odd jobs such as dog trainer, bartender, and hunting guide. He was shot to death in 1959 during a drunken confrontation over $50 at a movie cowboy’s house in Mission […]
The Ticwatch 2 Active Smartwatch is a simpler take on an active wearable that raised over $2m dollars on Kickstarter and is currently offered in the Boing Boing Store.Somewhere in between the single-day battery life and platform-specificity of the Apple Watch and Android Wear devices, there exists the Ticwatch. Instead of trying to shoehorn another […]
Loot Crate is a subscription service that delivers a box of curated pop culture goods to your doorstep. To sample their geeky wares, you can order a single mystery box exclusively from the Boing Boing Store.Each month Loot Crate sends you 6-7 unique items and apparel, including collectibles, books, and t-shirts. Pulling inspiration from all […]
Yes, yes there is. The ultraportable Twisty Glass Mini boasts all of the simplicity of its forebear, while fitting just a little bit better in your pocket.The Mini is perfect for casual smokers, and anyone who doesn’t have the patience or fine motor skill for rolling papers. This piece keeps the convenient design of its older […]