A glass doorknob acted as a magnifying glass, focusing sunlight into a burning beam that torched some clothing and set fire to a bedroom in a south London home.
"The focal length from the window was just the right distance and it became the same principle as when you try to set fire to paper with a magnifying glass when you are a child," The London Fire Brigade's Charlie Pugsley told The Telegraph.
Apparently, a crystal ball and a mirror are to blame for similar fires in London this year.
Did you forget to turn off your stove burner before leaving the house this morning? Don’t worry about it. Easier said than done, but… “A stove is designed to run indefinitely,” says John Drengenberg, the Consumer Safety Director at Underwriters Laboratories where they test such things. “Do we recommend that? Absolutely not.” “If you leave […]
Our friends at Noise Pop and Another Planet Entertainment are co-hosting a benefit concert headlined by Primus on December 14 to support the Oakland Fire Relief Fund raising money for victims of the devastating Ghost Ship warehouse fire. The artist community tragically burned during an electronic music party earlier this month, killing 36 people and […]
Wireless headphones aren’t a mind-bending thing anymore now that Apple made them the standard thing-to-be-outraged-over-in-the-new-iPhone fare, thereby killing the cool factor. But let’s be reasonable here. Wires really are a pain when you’re running, trying to get off the bus, or even just standing up from your desk. Wireless headphones make sense, they just don’t […]
Python is such a commonly used general-purpose programming language and features such (comparatively) simple syntax, that most veteran programmers consider it an excellent foundation for aspiring programmers. The Python 3 Bootcamp Bundle packs over 30 hours of training into nine courses to build that foundation for you.If you’ve never had any introduction to code at […]