Yesterday on Boing Boing Gadgets
• We got the details on an unofficial developer camp for the Palm Pre
• Dell released a sweet new multi-touch capable tablet, the XT2
• Brownlee discovered luxury speakers that looked like sacrificial alter from another world
• HP will be shipping their netbooks with an insane three versions
of Windows 7, including the Starter Edition, which only allows three applications to run simultaneously.
• If you're going to offer an over-expensive service for turning an Apple laptop into a tablet
, do yourself a favor and animate the process in stop-motion like these guys.
• The Sony Vaio P is a sexy little not-netbook, no doubt, but if you really want it to shine, put XP on it
• Brownlee thinks everyone should buy a smartphone
, and recommends a pretty excellent seeming one.
• Beschizza spotted a skinny iPhone clone
useable for jugular slicing.
• Stackable Duplo bricks become a swank, extendable USB hub
• We scratched our heads over the Isophone, a sensory deprivation system for teleconferencing
• Joel sucked himself through a dimensional vortex and took an ultrsasonic bath
, complete with "spurting endometrial nozzles."
• So erotic, toothpaste squeezing
• Brownlee discovered an antifreeze ice cream scoop
, although he thinks it'll work on other flavors.
• We discovered that Unix time will be 1234567890 on Friday, February 13th, 2009 at 18:31:30
• Brownlee toured the terrifying and beautiful
monster factories of Japan.
• Beschizza totally eviscerated an Author Guild's director's absolutely ridiculous
claim that the Kindle 2's text-to-speech ability is illegal and a violation of property theft.
And more besides! Come read us.