The condo association at Scarlett Place, a posh Baltimore building, have proposed to DNA-test all the dogs on the premises, and use DNA from errant dog-turds to identify feckless owners and fine them $500 per dog-pie.
Using all the dog swabs, BioPet would create a doggie database of sorts for the complex. It would compare all those samples to the mysterious doggie-doo. When BioPet identifies the guilty pooch, the owner would pay a $500 fine.
"We pay all this money, and we're walking around stepping in dog poop," resident Steven Frans told The Sun. "We bring guests over and this is what they're greeted by."
Frans is the board member who proposed the plan, calling it a reasonable and objective way to find the culprit.
(Image: A New Way to Complain About Dog Poop, a Creative Commons Attribution (2.0) image from aoifecitywomanchile's photostream)
- How to make a minpin poop compost bin: an illustrated guide …
- Woman fined for picking up the wrong dog's poop
- Barbie doll set comes with plastic dog crap
- Al Jaffee's dog crap epoxy invention
- Designer dog poo bags Gadgets
- Taiwan city launches new cash-for-poop initiative
- Dogs and cats, living together … mass hysteria!