Cracked.com member AceJustice is featured in the site's photoshopping contest that asks members to imagine, "If Other Industries Were As Evil as the RIAA." I love AceJustice's entry, as it illustrates one of my favorite DRM metaphors, useful when people ask why I think it's important that we be allowed to run "unapproved" software on our phones and tablets: "Would you buy a toaster that limited you to buying your bread from a single vendor?"
- Sound-copying technology and countermeasures, 1890-1978
- FTC gets an earful from the public on DRM, practically all of it …
- Microsoft Zune spec ad finally gets the metaphor right
- Nina Paley passes Netflix DRM and thousands of dollars
- XKCD explains the baseball metaphor for sex
- Pig and the Box anti-DRM kids book in a new edition