Scott Budnick (producer of the "Hangover" movies) is embroiled in a complicated feud with an LA homicide cop named Sgt. Richard Biddle; Biddle has pursued his investigation against Budnick by securing an incredibly broad search-warrant to seize his Google data.
The warrant seeks:
1. All of Budnick's account data (email addresses, connected applications and sites, etc)
2. Android info (phone make/model and IMEI, IMSI and phone number)
3. All stored "accounts, email accounts, passwords, PIN codes, account names, user names, screen names, remote data storage accounts, credit card/payment data, contact lists, calendar entries, text messages, voice mail messages, pictures, videos, telephone numbers, mobile devices, physical addresses, historical GPS locations, two-step verification information"
4. All calendars, including shared calendars (and whom they are shared with)
5. All stored contacts
6. "All user documents stored by Google"
7. Any records of securities, funds, etc
8. All Gmail messages, including metadata like read/unread
9. All Google Photo images
10. All stored location data
11. All Play Store purchases and downloads
12. All search history
13. All call records, voicemail messages, SMSes
14. All Google Wallet/Checkout data
It is a spectacularly broad warrant -- and also a chilling reminder of how much data Google holds on us.
(Image: Cryteria, CC-BY, modified)
Clearview AI (previously) is a grifty facial recognition company that sells untested, secretive tools to police departments, claiming that they can identify people from security camera footage by matching the pictures those scraped from big social media sites.
In 2018, London's Metropolitan Police Force announced trials of a facial recognition system that could be married to the city's legendarily invasive CCTV thicket; the tests failed 98% of the time and led to arrests of people who opted out by covering their faces.
• Hoan Ton-That, founder of facial recognition tech firm Clearview AI, previously connected to Trump world figures and online hate extremists, reports Buzzfeed News • Chuck Johnson, Mike Cernovich, and Rudy Giuliani are among the linked figures named in Buzzfeed report • NYPD disputes facial recognition firm Clearview AI’s claim that it identified a terrorism […]
You don’t need to be a climate scientist in order to know that the Earth is in serious trouble, but the good news is that you also don’t need to necessarily make any drastic changes to your lifestyle in order to do your part to help. This nOcean Wearable Reusable Silicone Straw will help you […]
When it comes to conquering that resolution list and hitting all of your goals in 2020, nothing is more important than getting a great night’s sleep every night so you can wake up feeling refreshed and extra productive. The CarbonIce: 7-in-1 Bacteria Protection & Cooling Pillow will help you do just that, and right now […]
It’s no secret that business leaders and project managers require a certain set of skills in order to outpace the competition and increase the overall efficiency of their company or team. The Lean Six Sigma Expert Training Bundle will take your managerial skills to the next level through training that will help you earn some […]