Plushie: easy design system for plush toys

16 Responses to “Plushie: easy design system for plush toys”

1. hoffmanbike says:

i have a 1957 singer 401a sewing machine that i use more then a few times a week (mostly for repairs) but in the near future I’d like to start making my own stuff or copying other peoples ideas (not for profit, just for my own use/experience) i.e. this NSFW idea :

2. dbsboy says:

very cute! both the program and the accent

3. noen says:

I’ve known about this for a long time. If I’d known it would interest you I would have posted it in “suggest a link”.

Have you ever heard of TopMod Mark?

“TopMod3d can create models that can be developed into flat surfaces using software such as Pepakura, Lamina Design, Rhinoceros3D, and Paracloud. It can also create solid models that can be prototyped using various rapid prototyping technology.”

It was originally developed by Dr. Ergun Akleman

” Topological Mesh Modeling is my main research direction and TopMod is a manifold mesh modeling system that includes all the work presented in our Topological Mesh Modeling papers. Using TopMod, you can find a wide variety of ways to create high genus shapes; almost all subdivision algorithms, wide variety of ways to remesh shapes, new extrusions and more.”

It is now a Google App, like SketchUp. It’s pretty fun to play with though you will need Blender or other 3D app to render your models with. It is of course open source.

Has anyone actually tried Plushie or Teddy? I can’t seem to get the desired shapes I want. They also seem very buggy.

5. cstatman says:

umm, errr, not that “I” would do it, but…

would this be a good tool for making furry suits?

6. Daemon says:

I know a few people who will consider this to be one of the coolest bits of software made in the last decade or so.

The Link doesn’t work any more, could you post a download of the program so that we can all get it?

8. help i cant comfirm my username themelonbread says:

This could be really cool for maybe a complicated concept like a Ctulhu plushie or something.

9. EnglishNerd says:

I think this program is fun. I wonder if it could be used for designing items other than animals… And her accent is delightful.

10. teuthis says:

Where! Where get! Want! I want it! Where! AAAAH! Lust!

This goes into my top 10 list of 21st century computer apps. It’s just too amazingly easy looking!

11. Alazon says:

Teuthis, if you didn’t find it: Right on the site with the video, you can download the program as as windows exe. I encountered some hiccups with it, but I gave up pretty early since I’m not really into knitting – yet.

12. teuthis says:

Ah.. excuse that last post. My eyes were too clouded with passion to see the link at the bottom of the page.

I’m sewing tonight!

I’m dying to try this, but I dont know how to make it work!!
    I downloaded the zip file, as it was the only download available, but what do I run?

14. gabrielm says:

My first thought was that they ripped off TEDDY – an intuitive, sketch-based 3D modeling software that I heard about a few years ago. Then I realized that Takeo Igarashi worked on both programs. I love the new application and will have to try it out.

More on TEDDY:

15. Evil Jim says:

Wow, that’s really neat. Makes me wish I had any skill whatsoever in sewing. Still, it would be fun to play with the program for a while & try to convince one of my friends with a sewing machine to take a go at the pattern. Ectomo would love this for obvious reasons.

And yes, her accent is to die for. “Prushie” indeed.