Ghost Goblets -- hollow goblet liners inside tumblers

19 Responses to “Ghost Goblets -- hollow goblet liners inside tumblers”

1. Fnarf says:

You’ll need a hair dryer to dry them completely, too.

2. jamesgyre says:

it would be cool if they pushed the two-faces illusion. that would be sweet.

3. outlanderssc says:

There’s really no reason the stem has to be hollow, if they made it solid and colored it the cleaning would be a snap -

4. insomma says:

All the hard-to-clean comments remind me of learning from a glass blower that historically, glass makers in Venice would design the finest crystal goblets in such a way that when you hold them up to your mouth you inevitably spill the contents all over yourself. Kind of like an unspoken “f**k you” to the aristocracy. Maybe the designer was thinking along the same lines. Probably not though.

5. iRoy says:

Good old fashioned bottle cleaners will clean these with no problems.

6. Takuan says:

how about good old TSP?

7. JIMWICh says:

As bad or worse than cleaning this glass appears to be that one couldn’t even effectively drink all of what might be in it without turning the glass up almost vertically.

EPIC FAIL.

8. zikzak says:

You drink it with a straw, obviously.

Preferably, a giraffe-shaped straw.

9. Mary Dell says:

Agree about the cleaning and the drinking being a problem. They’d make nice flower vases, though, since they do look cool. I think Uncommon Goods has them too.

10. sonipitts says:

No probs cleaning them, just drop in a denture tablet (or baking soda and vinegar) and some warm water…shiny!

11. ThinkPositive says:

Here’s an idea for stylish women who don’t want to get wet or muddy feet – transparent wellingtons with colourful stilettos inside them!

12. blandCorp says:

I have both the tumbler and the champagne flute but they have a cool candy dish, and goblet as well. I rinse them with a bottle cleaner brush, then stick them in the dishwasher…no problem.

13. Fnarf says:

Those are going to be fun to clean.

14. jahknow says:

For some reason, the color of that beverage in that photo reminds me of the “tub girl” photo. That kind of killed it for me.

15. Matt Katz says:

I’ll try that trick with the baking soda and vinegar next time I use them, thanks Sonipitts!

16. Marshall says:

First thought – “I bet the design student who cooked up this hard to clean pain in the ass never hand washed a dish in his/her life.”

17. Matt Katz says:

I bought a similar glass, the inside out champagne glass.

It is, as you have all suspected and I did not, bafflingly difficult to clean. You can pour water in there and the surface tension of your previous drink is somehow enough to keep the water from penetrating.

18. Church says:

Can you make it look like a petri dish? I mean, you might as well…

19. Jerril says:

Eek. 3rd (or more) the “hard to clean” comment. I’m not sure they’d even clean well in a dishwasher, depending on what you drank in them, and if you rinsed them out while the residue was still wet, or forgot them until it dried.

I’m thinking dried red wine or milk at the bottom would be next to impossible to shift.