Dollar bill origami animals

10 Responses to “Dollar bill origami animals”

1. frankiez says:

Last year I bought a book in Japan with HOW TO MAKE these origami…

2. Little John says:

Yikes, I’m all dizzy-like.

Just followed the next link from here to the Vintage Poison Labels post, reading a bunch of extremely familiar posts, one after the other, until they led me back here. I’ve been around twice now and I’m ready to hURL.

No, really: The OLDER and NEWER links for this post need to be fixed. I think the older one needs to point back to the Personal Tent for Airports story; this one ought (currently) to be the Latest Post.

3. Little John says:

Okay, no, nevermind. This post now seems to be safely nestled between the Recruiting Videos and Poison Labels posts, each of which now point here.

But as FSM is my witness, I swear that the Recruiting Videos post did not always point here. I swear it.

4. Jonathan Golub says:

Once when I was in Kauai, I had breakfast at a small local diner called Mama’s – not a tourist spot but very good Hawaiian ‘plates’ made by Mama herself, a little old lady who was the only person working. There was a frog theme to the decor, and when she brought us our change she had made the dollar bills into origami frogs. My wife and I were really impressed by this sweet touch, and I started developing a theory that any restaurant named Mama’s has to be good. I have yet to find an exception to that rule.

On of my favorite origami artists does a lot of dollar bill work too: http://orudorumagi11.deviantart.com/gallery/

6. Brainspore says:

Finally, a use for all that devalued American currency.

7. imajication says:

I soooo want to see HOW TO’s for these.

8. Gemma says:

I’ve only found one so-so picture online, but the Clydesdale bank in Scotland used Origami money in some advertising a little while ago. There was more than just this one note, but a quick web-scouring didn’t turn them up for me.

[Clydesdale bank is one of the three issuing banks in Scotland. It was kind of cool to see an advert for their bank using their own bank notes with the bank's name on, then turned into animals.]

9. gonzilla says:

Way things are, you can’t even sell these for a dollar.

10. mistervega says:

awesome. here’s a squid i did.