Awesome roth-style bubbletop custom hot rod for sale

8 Responses to “Awesome roth-style bubbletop custom hot rod for sale”

1. Darth Obvious says:

Well they did say Roth style. which means if it won’t go chrome it. The Roth school of hot rods were not intended to drive; they were sculptural statements. One thing I wager is the upholstery will stay clean, because you can’t get into the cockpit. If you had a pair of them it would be the world’s biggest bookends. Ya gotta love it. Sweet!

2. Sekino says:

I don’t know what I like more: The car or the part about the new trailer!

3. Modusoperandi says:

schmod “How do you get in?”
    I’m guessing that the bubble hinges at the back. Or maybe at the front. Either way, you get in carefully. That paintjob alone is probably worth than whateveritis you’re driving now.

Anonymous “Its more like a piece of art than a mobile human transport device.”
    Open headers and a bubble top would make it problematic as daily transportation. It’s one of those cars destined for a museum because it’s simply not utilitarian enough for the driveway.

4. Chinese Jet Pilot says:

Very slick. Two words of advice for bubbletop car owners: Don’t roll it in an accident, and always park it in the shade.

5. schmod says:

How do you get in?

6. wilberfan says:

FLASHBACK!! I built a model of one of these when I was a kid–from one those Revell plastic kits? Very cool….

What a weird design. Look at the photos and tell me what it would look like from the drivers seat. That motor right in front of you is genius??? Its more like a piece of art than a mobile human transport device.

The bubble opens from the back and that is how you get in. Rod and Custom Magazine did a feature on it, and it shows the talented Aaron Grote driving it