Patrick Costello, the travelling open-source banjo instructor, sez, "A visually impaired banjo player in the Netherlands contacted me the other day asking for help. He wanted a way to use banjo tab with his Braille display. Tab, or tabulature, is different from music notation in that tab gives the user specific mechanical instructions -- literally, 'put your fingers here'. With a folk banjo style like frailing students usually learn the mechanics of playing long before they dive into music theory so access to tab is a big deal for beginners. With some input from Ruud I was able to come up with a simple system that he would make sense in Braille. I posted information on the new tab system on my web site, and musicians from all over have started to transpose frailing banjo songs and exercises into this new format."
- Baby bounces gleefully to mom's banjo playing - Boing Boing
- More CC-licensed banjo manuals - Boing Boing
- Old timey banjo instruction books released under a Creative ...
- Banjo lessons via podcast - Boing Boing
- Teach Yourself Banjo book under CC license - Boing Boing
- Free "CC-licensed" banjo lessons from famous banjo author - Boing ...