9 Responses to “GET EXCITED AND MAKE THINGS: a "Keep calm and carry on" alternative for the econopocalypse”

1. tuscadero says:

I have a 13 year old boy in my house, that shirt would be entertainingly disruptive. Giggity!

2. padster123 says:

Brilliant. I will print it out and stick it on the wall of my work. A new business, out of the ashes of a closed-down-by-big-fat-stupid-parent-company one. It’s definitely time to be starting new things.

3. Sewnagain says:

Instead of making things for sale on Etsy, my latest focus is in making things so I don’t spend money. It seems futile to hype myself up to keep going in a direction that clearly isn’t working.

4. mikey p says:

Thanks! It’s my new desktop background, and just what I needed.

5. hypeful says:

Definitely a more constructive suggestion than my “Now panic and freak out” t-shirt:

6. kengor says:

I guess those “Hang in There Baby” cat posters just ain’t hip enough for you trustfund pioneers, eh?

7. hundredsofthousands says:

man, there are dozens of comments on the Flickr site like: “yay! great image! now please make a shirt for me.”

looks like only the first half of the message got across…

8. ianm says:

Does constant learning, studying and writing papers count as ‘making things’? I am always excited about the former, but physical creation – not so much.

Either way – cheers to tinkerers and innovators – I am one of you but my media are words and ideas not nuts and bolts, but I feel a kinship nonetheless.