Chris Carter's tribute to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop

12 Responses to “Chris Carter's tribute to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop”

1. Brother Provisional says:

Sorry, that’s a BC8, not a BC16. I hadn’t read his notes on vimeo yet.

2. Beanolini says:

A Radiophonic Workshop tribute is incomplete without a green lampshade.

#1, jaytkay:

THey have guided every aspect of my life

Do you wear eyeliner and a Polish railway-worker’s cap?

Unfortunately I don’t know nuch about the Radiophonic Workshop, but I do know that I like my droning a little more controlled. While I do like some Throbbing Gristle, this didn’t do much for me. He had little control over every sound being made, and most of it was just loops.

4. technogeek says:

Pedal pandemonium: Poor man’s analog synth, essentially.

DARN, I miss my Arp 2600.

5. Brett Burton says:

Chris and Cosey reunion please.

6. jaytkay says:

Throbbing Gristle has dominated our culture for 20 years, they are like the Beatles of ouR TIME! More Throbbing Gristle posts, please! MOAR! THey have guided every aspect of my life! MOAR! Jeebus, I cAN’t get enough Throbbing Gristle.!!!

7. EH says:

I can, and I bought “Third Report…” 25 years ago.

That was very very cool, pure electronic orgy, very clean. TG and BBC Radiophonic… album + DVD please!

9. nosehat says:

That was really beautiful, and what a great looking rig he’s got.

Even more, it sounded just like the old BBC Radiophonic stuff. I guess I’m most impressed by his keen awareness of genre, even in something as anti-generic as weird, cobbled-together bits of electronic noise. I’d say he nailed it.

10. Daemon says:

Well, I don’t know Chris Carter or his band from a hole in a ground, but BBC Radiophic Workshop is awsome, so at least he’s doing a cool tribute.

11. Brother Provisional says:

Normally when I see someone with a score of effects pedals ready to go, they’re most often about to attempt to rupture my eardrums with a wall of harsh noise. This is very refreshing. Plus, the Chimera BC16 is a groovy little synthesizer (that’s the little round thing sitting in the middle of the board).
    Thanks BB, and thank you Mr. Carter.