7 Responses to “Monster Kid Home Movies: DVD of monster movies made by kids from the 1950s-1980s”

1. Rezpect says:

This sounds like a VERY cool gift idea fora few people I know – thanks for the tip!

2. tohoscope says:

This isn’t about thinking kids are adorable. It’s about the joy old monster movies gave you when you were a kid. Movies that were so fun they made you wanna get Dad’s old camera and round up the kids in the neighborhood and make a monster movie! Even that older kid who was a real jerk but was the tallest and made the best monster.

I have this DVD and it is AWESOME! Even if you don’t think kids are adorable, it’s great. It includes some films made by people who went on to become comic book artists and work in the film industry, too. One of my faves is the kids version of “Kolchak,” complete with a teen boy playing the hard-bitten reporter.

4. tahewitt says:

My friend, writer Paul McComas, takes old horror and sci-fi films he made as a kid, reedits them, and hires friends to dub dialog. The results are funny and entertaining. He’s selling a dvd containing nine of these remixed films on his website for $10. Net proceeds from sales of the dvd benefit blood-donation services.

Here’s an article about one of his films which recently won an award:

5. Big Ed Dunkel says:

I love how 95% of these include the line, “Oh no! He’s heading straight for Poughkeepsie!”

6. Robbo says:

It wouldn’t surprise me if one of my own epics was included. Geez – that was a real flashback to my early teen years.

7. Lobster says:

I don’t know. Isn’t this another one of those products that only sells to people who think kids are adorable?