IT Crowd Season 2 DVD for sale in the US

18 Responses to “IT Crowd Season 2 DVD for sale in the US”

For embarassment alone you can’t really beat Peep Show though.

The IT Crowd has grown on me, especially in the second series. This is mainly due to my unconditional love of Richard Ayoade and Matt Berry (Everyone should check out Snuff Box).

2. COD says:

Season 1 is available on Netflix via the steaming service. I watched it with my son via the Xbox Netflix service and we loved it. Hopefully Netflix will have season 2 available soon.

3. tashikitten says:

#9 – I concur. I hate laugh tracks.

#11 – Many shows taped in front of a live studio audience still have laugh tracks. If the audience doesn’t react enough (or at all), they beef up the laughter in post production. I love when, in Annie Hall, Woody Allen rants to Tony Roberts about that.

4. adonai says:

Sucks to be you, America…you don’t get the cool DVD covers like the rest of us :)

5. Trent Hawkins says:

Does it have the awesome menu games I’ve heard so much about?

What’s with the measly 6 episodes a season? It’s so disappointing that its been on for 3 years and we don’t even have 20 episodes. I heard they’re working on a X-mas special though, I bet it’ll be great.

7. mjd says:

Got to concur with other comments. Love the show, but the quality really dipped in season 2. I recall Graham Linehan saying something to the effect that he wanted to get the characters out of the confines of their office environment, which struck me as like complaining that Fawlty Towers would have been really great if they weren’t all stuck in that damn hotel.

8. agnostoman says:

God. I love the IT Crowd. I like Amazon.co.uk’s decent shipping rates + Slysoft AnyDVD = Win.

9. caitifty says:

“is coming out on DVD in the US (previous DVDs were region-free, but were only sold through UK retailers and importers to the US). It’s only the season 2 disc (you can order season 3, where the show really hit its stride, from the UK)”

Sheesh. thepiratebay.org -> “the IT crowd” -> ‘Complete seasons 1 through 3.torrent’. None of this ridiculous “region codes … only sold through … only season 2 … ‘you can order’”. And people wonder why piracy is so popular. The barriers to actually handing over money for something you like are so absurd.

season 3 where it hits it’s stride? come on now.. season 3 is far and away the least funny of the lot.. it began to slide a little as soon as the incomparable chris morris stepped outside his window for mine..

The show would be exponentially better without the laugh track. I resent being told when to react.

I resent the idea of anyone simply laughing whenever it pleases. Please adhere to the laughing instructions (Open DVD menu, Select Special Features, Select “Display joke hints”)

13. Bottlekid says:

Best Buy has been selling Season 1 DVD for quite a while.
    Can’t wait to see Season 2!!

14. apoxia says:

I concur, IT crowd rocks.

Anonymous, it’s a live studio audience, not a laugh track. Also, you can laugh whenever you like.

16. zog says:

The IT crowd rocks, but it’s not particularly geeky, the computer nerd stuff is more like a backdrop and rarely seems to have anything to do with the plot (at least in series one, which I have seen).
    Its still a good UK style embarassment sitcom

The iTunes store is giving an episode away for free this week.

I’ve seen all 3 series, and I would have to agree with my friends, I think the IT crowd series 3 is _less_ funny than series 1 or 3 (I’m from New Zealand). They are running out of IT jokes to tell (though the “Internet” episode was brilliant). I’m waiting for series four though, to see if they really are in a slide or if its just they are moving away from nerd jokes.