Tauss is being investigated for possession of child porn images that he says he downloaded as part of his ministerial investigation into the propagation of child porn.
Although Tauss is known for his experience in information technology matters and he has a track record in investigating child porn websites, he said the decision to give the government powers to close such sites down is a mistake.Tauss becomes first 'Pirate' in parliament after leaving SPD (Thanks, Glyn and everyone else who suggested this!)
He released a statement on Friday explaining his departure from the SPD, saying that although he agreed with many points of the party's programme, there was a "terrible wrong turn eing taken" in domestic, legal and internet policy.
He promised to continue to vote with the SPD in matters unrelated to these topics, but the party has demanded he step down from his parliamentary seat.
- Germany to build the Internet Berlin Wall - Boing Boing
- Germans protest new Internet Berlin Wall - Boing Boing
- Swiss Pirate Party - Boing Boing
- Pirate Party takes two EuroParl seats! - Boing Boing
- Swedish Pirate Party membership surges after Pirate Bay verdict ...
- Famous Swedish poet explains why he's voting for the Pirate Party ...
- Pirate Party leader talks strategy and tactics - Boing Boing
- German Pirate Party founded - Boing Boing
- US branch of "Pirate Party" launches - Boing Boing
- Sweden's Pirate Party - political arm of the pro-piracy ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.