(BB Video) Mighty Boosh: Live at the Roxy / Pocket Book of Boosh (pt. 4 of 4)

(Download MP4 / Watch on YouTube)

Above, THE LIVE SHOW:

Today, the final installment of Boing Boing Video video series about the "psychedelic comedy" series The Mighty Boosh, starring Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding: exclusive excerpts from their recent live performance at the Roxy in Los Angeles. We're handing over our video masters to los del Boosh to do with what they will, but they kindly gave us permission to post this brief, impressionistic snapshot of what it's like to experience their craziness live. Bollo (Dave Brown), Naboo the Enigma (Michael Fielding), and Bob Fossil (Rich Fulcher and Eleanor) were also on hand, and they appear in this video. They were all touring the US to promote the stateside release of a three-season DVD set, also available on iTunes. Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" recently begain airing episodes in the US, too.

Pocket Book of Boosh Below, A FAST BOOK REVIEW:

The hardcover Mighty Book of Boosh will be followed by a new, updated paperback edition due out this October: The Pocket Book of Boosh. We received an advance copy of the soon-to-be-released paperback, and i shot a little iPhone video snapshot review (about a minute long, embedded below). Short version of my review: great for attention-deficit-addled trufans. Every page is something vivid, wacky, and different than the prior page. I absolutely loved it. (Watch on YouTube).

After the jump: Photos snapped on iPhone while thumbing through the book.

Sneak peeks from inside the book (photoset here):

The Pocket Book of Boosh

Pocket Book of Boosh

Pocket Book of Boosh

The Pocket Book of Boosh

Boing Boing's BOOSH INTERVIEW SERIES:
Part 1 of our interview series with Noel and Julian is mostly about crazed fans. Part 2 is mostly about music and crimping. Part 3 reveals slash fiction, Eleanor's secret military connections, and the Boing Boing crimp.

Related Boing Boing posts:

(Special thanks to Mark Kleiman and Stefanie Fletcher for their generous support of this Boing Boing Video series.)

18 Responses to “(BB Video) Mighty Boosh: Live at the Roxy / Pocket Book of Boosh (pt. 4 of 4)”

1. elpajaronegro says:

Great video! I didn’t get to go to any of their shows, but this gave me an idea of how much coolness I missed. Also, the fangirl in me cannot, will not fail to mention that I am mucho upset at not seeing Noel Fielding’s glorious legs. Maybe it’s all those high heels he wears? Excellent pins.

I first was introduced to TMB about 3 years ago when a friend brought a pirated copy of Old Greg back from Europe. I have spread the love ever since.

3. Xeni Jardin says:

@ELPAJARONEGRO, +1.

I hate myself for admiring his shapely gams in that old Nannageddon nightgown. It’s so wrong.

They’re sweet guys, and wonderful talents. I’m glad we were all able to milk as much fun out of this experience as we did!

4. Lt DirtyFreq says:

Oh man I want to see that whole live show. I’m also gonna pick up the Boosh book too…. my favorite sketch from them is the “pie” skit. I showed it to my friends & they thought something was wrong with me. I then showed it to my mom, lil’ bros, & my boyfriends & they ALL loved it.

“Eating those sandwiches out of the air” … I lol’d.

It’s great to see a website and an interviewer really doing their homework and getting so much out of the Boosh. Those of us in the UK have really enjoyed and appreciated this series of interviews – it’s rare to hear questions (and therefore answers) of this quality from Noel AND Julian. And good on you for asking them about slash….hahaha!

Thanks x

7. katamari88 says:

Gorilla suit = +2

8. Xeni Jardin says:

“Where the fuck were you last night!??”

9. Cos2mwiz says:

LOVE the BOOSH! They were hilarious at Comic Con this year. Proof..

10. cuvtixo says:

I’m not surprised Korea would have monument inspired by Gary Larson- they’re culture is weird (and wonderful). Ironically, I’ve read that many fomerly malaria infested areas solved problem outbreaks through DDT. Now, areas like southeast Mexico have not found an ecological alternative.

My daughter made me watch “Journey To The Center of Punk” and “Nanageddon” and quickly converted me…I admit to being a full-on Boosh addict. Thanks for the great interview posts which have help fuel the addiction…a small window into the workings of a couple of strange minds! I want them to bring their bouncing castle to my next birthday party.

12. Bonnie says:

Thanks for this! Watching Eleanor sing was the highlight of my month! I think Boosh should be on BoingBoing TV EVERY week! ;-)

13. seminal says:

Look for the picture that says, “caption rendered unecessary”.

Its the “real” mighty bush.

14. briznog says:

Man, I’m so glad there’s video of this otherwise I’d never remember the acts they did, seeing as I was in a Beatlemania-style frenzy the whole night.

15. IWood says:

I predict that this will make no sense to a large number of people.

16. Rob Beschizza says:

Splendid

17. Doctor Popular says:

Great video, it’s as if I was there.

18. Xeni Jardin says:

@DocPop, the weird thing is, I had that feeling also, as I watched this. It’s downright spooky.