Boneshaker: Cherie Priest's swashbuckling steampunk Seattle story

15 Responses to “Boneshaker: Cherie Priest's swashbuckling steampunk Seattle story”

>> I didn’t realize owning an ebook reader meant you could no longer buy physical books. I was thinking I may end up getting one someday, but now.. not so sure.

No, but it defeats the purpose of an e-reader, wouldn’t you say?

I’ve had this on pre-order for months and I am STOKED to hear that it’s finally on its way. I. Can’t. Wait.

4. Blue Tyson says:

Tor has done some Kindle only ebooks – so if that happens here, sales to rest of world of course become pretty close to zero.

If it is from Tor, you can pretty much assume you won’t get an ebook, currently, in general.

can’t wait for a movie version. visuals sound awesome.

I picked up a (hard) copy of “Boneshaker” and read the first 50 pages before bed-time. It is a fast-paced story with easily-admired characters and a quirky environment that is too close to reality to be ignored.
    The “steam-punk” technology is close enough to reality to be believed.
    C.M. Priest describes North-Wet weather better than most authors. You find yourself reaching for a towel at the end of every chapter. (Hint: I lived on the outskirts of Seattle for a year and the out-skirts of Vancouver for more than a decade.)

Rob Warner
    author RCAF ’46

7. cmpalmer says:

Oh, I’m sure I’ll buy the physical book (after all I have thousands of them), but I’m sitting here at work and an ebook version is a couple of clicks away rather than a drive to the bookstore. Great for impulse purchases.

And to forestall that argument, I love bookstores as well and spend too much time there.

I read eBooks on my phone using the Kindle software or Stanza, so, without an extra device to carry around, I still have three or four unread books with me wherever I go.

8. cmpalmer says:

Most Amazon books that aren’t available for Kindle have a “Click here to tell the publisher you’d like to read this book on your Kindle”, but I guess that’s an opt-out/in kinda thing, because the Amazon page doesn’t have it for this book. Hmm.

9. Naberius says:

Well of course I can buy the hard copy. But I’ve noted with some interest that having a Kindle seems to have raised the bar for what I’ll buy in paper format by a considerable margin.

10. Naberius says:

Yeah, somewhat disappointed by the lack of a Kindle edition as I’d heard good things about this book and want to read it.

Given where we are, I’d assume it’s because of a refusal to collaborate with DRM, but I note that Priest’s earlier Eden Moore trilogy is available on the Kindle.

11. Zergonapal says:

Steampunk and zombies? I’m sold, I’ll place an order tomorrow.

12. ROSSINDETROIT says:

“rogue zeppelin pilots, armored giants, and steam-powered cyborg barmaids” ?!?

The man knows how to pitch a sale. I’m intrigued.

13. ekim says:

Tor books are available on Baen books, along w/ a couple of Cherie’s books.

14. Theremina says:

Wooohooo! Go Cherie! I can’t wait to read this.

15. Anonymouslemming says:

Bah – yet another book I have to miss because I can’t find an ebook for it anywhere.