Anli & Laura's Lesbian Gamer Geek Wedding
We wanted a ceremony that reflected our geeky, romantic, pink aesthetic, while at the same time being profound and meaningful. Our ceremony was themed around the video game Portal and the anime series Revolutionary Girl Utena.
We incorporated lots of geeky details, from the table names (Revolution, Sierra, Katara and GLaDOS) to the choice of music. We also kept several traditional elements such as bouquets, dresses and bridesmaids. However, we both walked down the aisle unaccompanied and skipped the garter/bouquet toss.
- Zombie-themed wedding - Boing Boing
- Contemporary wedding video shot in grainy 8mm black and white ...
- Dalek wedding cake - Boing Boing
- Gundam-themed wedding - Boing Boing
- Steampunk robot wedding-cake topper - Boing Boing
- Wedding Ring Cipher contest winners - Boing Boing
- Polyhedral dice cake - Boing Boing
- Zombie wedding cake topper - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.