Consollection: videogame systems from history

12 Responses to “Consollection: videogame systems from history”

1. David Pescovitz says:

I don’t think it’s meant to be comprehensive. It’s a catalog of an individual’s personal collection.

2. a random John says:

Sometime around 1983 we traded in our Odyssey for a $100 discount on a C=64. I had spent a bit of time fighting the Odyssey trying to have fun with it. It was a decidedly un-fun console, unless you really liked the Etch-A-Sketch inspired controls.

My cousins had an Odyssey 2, which was much, much more fun except for the fact that the joysticks failed on a regular basis.

3. SKR says:

I thought the G7000 looked familiar but I guess the name threw me.

They forgot the PSone and the PS2 Slimline.

5. relawson says:

wow, no turbo grafix 16????

That’s right, right now the Rare Magnivox Odyssey game SMITHEREENS is on display at http://www.whohasswag.com, and will likely be made available for purchase or trade in the next few days. If rare pieces of video game history are of interest to you then you are going to want to check out this rarity and all the other video game collectibles available for discussing, purchasing and trading at http://www.whohasswag.com

Peace.

The Swag Team

7. SKR says:

no odyssey2 either. good times good times

• cymk says:

Just noticed the odyssey2 is there as well, again under another name this time the G7000 the european release of the console according to wikipedia.

I found a near mint Odyssey at a salvation army. As far as I could tell everything was there in the box, who in their right mind would give something like this away?

8. snoproblem says:

What, no Commodore VIC-20/C64/C128/Amiga?

If the Atari 800XL is on the list (played a good version of Missile Command on this platform, at one time) then the Commodore lineup should be here, as well.

9. snoproblem says:

UPDATE: I just found the Amiga CDTV in the list, but seriously – only the most obscure platform in the Commodore lineup makes the cut? Odd.

• cymk says:

Well this site is promoting a German book, maybe these are the consoles available to them in the German market? Maybe it was just an oversight, missing several of the more obscure consoles. Despite that, there are consoles there that I’ve never seen/heard of before.