Get This Game: Katamari creator's Noby Noby Boy stretches onto iPhone

13 Responses to “Get This Game: Katamari creator's Noby Noby Boy stretches onto iPhone”

1. sparkdale says:

Do the iphone contributors get to share in those planet achievements and that ending?

2. Pantograph says:

And it is also possibly the largest sausagefest in gaming history.

Apparently the hang on startup is a known bug triggered by too many songs on the iphone…

4. zdkm says:

I loved this game the first five minutes I played it, but then I exited the app to turn on location services to use the gps functionality. I haven’t been able to play it since, as it hangs on the loading screen and crashes every time. I’ve tried everything up to removing and reloading all my apps.

Please fix this Namco! Why won’t you let me play with this wonderful toy?

5. droostring says:

Whoa! That map threw me off!
    I live around there and was confused for a second.

On topic: I don’t understand how the GPS works..do we need to keep it open? It’s not sensing my location when i moved when I turn it off…

regardless, its an interesting time sink

6. kirkjerk says:

Anon, where did you hear that?

I have the crash on startup too.

7. plasma2002 says:

Ok, so I just bought the game on my iPhone and tried it out.

…i have NO clue what Im doing!

The little fairy guy thats supposed to tell you tips and stuff is pretty much useless. What am I supposed to do with the little guy? All I can figure out how to do is just ‘fling’ him around to make him stretch. (Not counting the gps features – have to wait for lunch to try that…)

Maybe the rate of purchases for this title has more to do with the Sony store on the PS3 than with the game itself. I am a very occasional game player (I bought the PS3 for the media playback capabilities) but I have looked for Noby Noby Boy on the few times I’ve browsed the store in the machine – no luck, can’t find it.

9. funkadelic73 says:

I really wanted to like this game, but… it sucks on the iphone. I’ve read reviews for the PS3 version, and it seems a lot less solitary.

10. HPHovercraft says:

Psst….hey, Keita-san! There are more PC users than iPhone and PS3 owners combined. Just saying…

11. Baldhead says:

Simply did not get what was supposed to be interesting/ fun about the game. Many people feel likewise i suppose. I think he was banking on there being more players than were actually interested in playing it.

oops pressed submit prematurely, meant to add that the update has been submitted to apple:

“Today, we submitted ver1.0.1 to Apple. Please wait a little more. /////// 今日アップルにver1.0.1を提出しました。もう少しお待ちください。”