This installment of the Brads webcomic shows the 22 steps a reader has to take in order to borrow a DRM-crippled audiobook from the public library. A compelling argument for libraries to boycott this stuff.
- XKCD strip explains how DRM creates piracy
- My DRM and ebooks talk from O'Reilly Tools of Change for ...
- DRM-free Kindle books: are they any free-er?
- Stupid DRM, abusive EULAs, hopeless ecommerce: why I'm not even ...
- O'Reilly drops ebook DRM, sees 104% increase in sales
- Obama's diplomatic gift to UK leader fubared by DRM
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.