Steampunk pirate ship needs your help

21 Responses to “Steampunk pirate ship needs your help”

I saw one of these tripods at a house party and wanted one, so fun. Sweet that I know where to go now. I just love when one person steps up to fulfill an outlandish dream. Nice work!

Oh this is so sweet! My tripod goes on all my road trips with me, and is my nightlight at home. It reflects my personality, but it has its own personality as well…. the brilliance of the team that came up with this idea, let alone fund a immense, amazing project – gets my utmost support!

3. sonicinema says:

@sigismund…as one of the volunteers laboring to produce the tripods, I assure you that you’d be paying more like $200 if you wanted articulated legs. In fact, if you’d like such a thing, I’m sure you could commission Andy to make you one!! You might even get one with a remote control…

The tripods ARE awesome. I have four living in my house.

And now they have these new cool electro-art buttons as well.

4. jjasper says:

Nifty, but the infomercial got a bit too… infomercialesque for my tastes.

I love my tripod!! I named her Bella – and she loves the flowerbed! It’s been so exciting to watch the this idea flow from your head into reality. I love how the community has rallied around this – and everybody has pitched in! Can’t wait to sail on the playa~

Very tight Burning Man project!

7. stillhera says:

Wow, I think this is the coolest thing I’ve seen in ages. I cannot believe this guy is making something like that in his garage? I think I like people just a little bit better after reading this post.

8. salmagundia says:

What an inspired project creating amazing things to then be able to create larger even more amazing things. It is nice to see hard work paying off by getting the attention of the Interwebs!

9. marrrklar says:

those tripods are so dope! they should make some RC ones

10. Daemon says:

I was rather hoping the pirate ship would actually be a ship.

11. Sleepnin says:

OH my god! I was given a Tripod for my birthday this year, I had no idea it was a just a small part of this huge project! This is amazing! My Tripod is named Mortimer and he reminds me to go out and do amazing things.
    I will be going to Burning Man for the first time this year and I cannot wait to see the full majesty of this project realized!

This Pirate ship will be so wonderful sailing across the playa. I just wish I could make it to the desert to see it. Alas, me and my 3 Tripods will have be happy knowing we helped build it.

13. sigismund says:

Would the legs of the tripods have been articulated… I’d have been in love with them !!!

“Steampunk pirate ship”…can it get any more Boing Boing-y? Maybe if it was “Steampunk pirate ship made of Legos and iPads”. Still – very cool.

Our tripod “Bear” has quite the personality. He has requested his own bike seat above the handlebars. We look forward to seeing the ship on the playa!

16. Mitch says:

Send them to Somalia to help out and to show them how to dress.

17. PopeRatzo says:

So where I gotta go to get one of these tripods?

C’mon, man. I don’t want to have to go to YouTube to get a link so I can help this guy’s project.

Links, Cory. It’s all about the hyperlinks.

• smartasspants says:

if you click on Andy’s name, it takes you to the website where you can choose individual tripods and look at construction details (www.lostmachine.com)

18. Beehphy says:

You expected to find Electro-Art with articulation, produced in a garage, for $65?

I am so excited to see that pirate ship sail across the playa this year! It will be my 10th burn, and it never gets old!

That’s some serious engineering genius right there. Bad ass AND elegant!