We're thrilled that our sponsor Safari Books Online is offering Boing Boing readers 30 days of free online access to the five books shown above. If you don't know Safari Books Online, it's a joint venture between our pals at O'Reilly Media and Pearson Education who built a massive online library of technical and business books and videos from several dozen publishers. So why these five books? And why now? Well, we're teaming up with Safari Books Online to launch a fun game development challenge here at Boing Boing. We'll reveal the specifics, including the big prizes, next Monday, June 14. Suffice it to say though that if you read and grok these five books, you'll probably be in pretty good shape to enter:
• Real World Flash Game Development by Christopher Griffith (Focal Press)Free access to five Safari Books Online game development books
• Fundamentals of Game Design by Ernest Adams (New Riders)
• Game Programming with Silverlight by Michael Snow (Course Technology PTR)
• iPhone Game Development by Paul Zirkle, Joe Hogue (O'Reilly Media)
• Learning iPhone Programming by Michael Daley (Addison Wesley Professional)
David Pescovitz is Boing Boing's co-editor/managing partner. He's also a research director at Institute for the Future. On Instagram, he's @pesco.