Et tu, JetBlue flight attendant guy? Another "Whiteboard Jenny"?

21 Responses to “Et tu, JetBlue flight attendant guy? Another "Whiteboard Jenny"?”

Wow, the CBS comments section rivals youtube’s.

I can’t believe there are people on there that are actually calling for incarceration for his offenses.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

I know I’m just a cynic, but I wonder how many flight vouchers Jet Blue is handing out to those passengers to say that.

4. doplgangr says:

Other people claimed they HAD seen the incident with the passenger and luggage.

I think this is turning into a case of everyone and their brother wanting to get into the act, and the media accommodating them.

Everyone seems to feel they are entitled to their 15 minutes of fame and whatever they can get paid for their version of the story, whether they actually saw anything or not.

5. SB-129 says:

JBG comitted genuine and clearly-defined crimes –

1. he deployed emergency air safety equipment that i wouldn’t be surprised is a “one-shot” deployment given it’s life-saving qualities.
    2. He trespassed on an active airfield, which is potentially highly dangerous for both him and others.
    3. Effing and blinding over a tannoy (at least in the UK) would be considered a public order / breach of the peace isue.
    4. Theft. OK it was 2 beers. i’ll let that go but it’s still theft.

To people who think he did nothing wrong may I suggest that you that you should try even ONE of these things next time you fly, and come back here and tell me how you got on.

JBG is an unprofessional prima-donna and frankly doesn’t deserve half the sympathy he’s getting. Employees the world over have to deal with douchebag customers – the best way to treat these people is to ignore them and rise above it – no doubt exactly what his training taught him he should have done in that situation.

6. Glenn Fleishman says:

The CBS story is thinly sourced, and the policy might have interviewed 70 percent of the passengers, but only a handful were nearby enough to see it.

7. Yep says:

Oh, Pedobear exists all right. And only YOU can stop him and his lascivious horde.

BTW, I reserve all rights to name my band Lascivious Horde. When I get a band.

Bang on the head followed by acting drunk. Concussion maybe?

In a long narrow hallway with obstructed views (namely the seats in front of you) that an airplane is, it is entirely possible that the incident happened and people two rows back were oblivious to it. Whether they were looking out the window, reading a magazine, checking their cell phones, or just too far away, it is entirely possible that people had no clue it happened.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

10. technogeek says:

#14: … or even microstroke.

11. Halloween Jack says:

Here’s a theory: guy who’s already burnt out on his job as a flight attendant (understandable after more than twenty years on the job, especially with the stress of the post-9/11 years) accidentally gets hit in the face by someone who’s wrestling with their luggage (who maybe doesn’t apologize for it, or even notice); spends the rest of the flight brooding about it, won’t put on a band-aid, stops halfway through drink service, and then decides to give the whole thing a grand kiss-off after someone tries to get their bag down a little early. Sound plausible?

• chgoliz says:

That’s my read on the situation as well.

Customer service is frakking hard. It’s not for everyone.

• technogeek says:

Likewise, my interpretation. Understandable emotionally. But still, not someone I’d hire, and he’s now globally known.

12. jonathan_v says:

This guy claims to have been there, and gave an account:

Steven Slater most definitely had a gash on his head in the pre-arraignment videos , and the folks in that story confirmed that as well.

Every pic of the guy he has a big knot/abrasion on his forehead-was that faked, too?

• neuromodder says:

Remember the woman that carved the “B” into her face…This one seems true enough, but it’s too soon to tell.

“Ms. Doebler said she noticed that Slater never put a bandage on his forehead throughout the 90-minute flight.

“I thought, ‘You are handing people glasses. You are handing people ice. You should cover up the bloody wound,’ ” she said.”

The incident with the bag hitting him on the head happened at the beginning of the flight. Others nearby were probably preoccupied with stowing their bag, getting settled in their seat, etc.. The bag hitting him would have happened in a split second. Has any story at anytime ever said that he claimed it happened in full view of the other passengers and that they were paying attention to him at the time? Somehow I don’t think so.

16. pauldrye says:

The greatest trick that Pedobear ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.

The fact that most people can’t be arsed to poke up their heads every now and then and look around them does not undo the story.

I think, dear Xeni, you’ve just crossed a line by putting on the table the slightest chance of having the slightest doubt about Pedobear being real.