Mick and Keith: A love story

7 Responses to “Mick and Keith: A love story”

and then there was the saga of dooley and hairlip…

2. alistairthegreat says:

richards never did get the knighthood he believed he deserved, so some resentment is understandable.

Mick Taylor was the only reason Richards ever had a memoir to write in the first place.

So parody or … fanfic?

.I believe Arthur Crudup, Rev. Wilkins and Willie Dixon might have something to say about people getting ripped off and recovering.

5. Bob says:

I Stumbled onto that article and thought it was real. It was only when I had finished the whole thing and searched a little deeper that I realized it wasn’t. Very believable writing.

6. alllie says:

The original was a great article and this postscript is good too.

I still think it’s too bad we can’t hunt down Allen Klein and string him up. There should be more and better laws to protect artists and musicians from people like this. So many people, from the Beatles and Stones and Elvis on down, got ripped off but Elvis and the Beatles and Stones, at least, could recover. But less profitable artists were often destroyed by these monsters.

While not a fan of boybands I feel sorry for the BackStreet Boys who were cheated and exploited by Lou Pearlman, who “perpetrated one of the largest and longest-running Ponzi schemes in American history, leaving more than $300 million in debts.” The Backstreet Boys received only $300,000 for all of their work while Pearlman got millions. He was also sexually abusing some of the very young members of the bands he controlled.

7. Clayton says:

Where hero worship, an unflattering servitude to pop-culture and boredom meet.