Fluid-filled dress knit from plastic tubes

21 Responses to “Fluid-filled dress knit from plastic tubes”

1. bobledrew says:

Clothing made from crazy straws! The only thing better? Drinking a chocolate shake through my sweetie’s dress. Rowr.

2. kmpmilano says:

Too late for Gaga–Robyn beat her to it.

Anyone know where i can buy the music from that video. Who’s the artist? What’s the name of the tune?

4. neurolux says:

Is that fluid Mountain Dew or…..?

5. brillow says:

Lady Gaga just found her next outfit! Also, kudos for the excellent taste in music! Its one of my favorite tracks.

• Kimmo says:

This is quite cool indeed… extra points for the flourescent juice and UV LEDs.

Also, kudos for the excellent taste in music! Its one of my favorite tracks.

I dug it too. Who is it, and what’s the track called?

6. C White says:

Cool. I worked on something similar in university (though far less elegant) — using aquarium tubing and a pump. We filled ours with blood red liquid.

7. HarveyBoing says:

Ooh! This is the perfect adjunct to the whole TSA-see-through crap. Let’s see what those annoying machines can see if you wear one of these in them!

Reminds me of this design project that’s like a million internets old. (Warning: Link is vaguely unsettling. May not be appropriate for people afraid of blood.)

I wonder what would happen if I tried to wear that on a plane?

10. knodi says:

I wonder how loud it is without the cool soundtrack.

Are the pumps small enough to fit into a purse with a battery and a reservoir?

Could you put a heat-sink on the reservoir and wear this to stay frosty on a hot summer day?

This thing really inflame the imagination!

11. Kimmo says:

Oh yeah, pumps and batteries might be an issue… I’m thinking inline pumps would be the go; then they could be part of the dress.

Wonder if phone vibrator motors would cut it? Prolly couldn’t handle more than a metre or two of tube…

12. shutz says:

Am I the only one who wants to see this on an actual person? Preferably, an adult human female?

What does it weigh, filled?

14. Antinous / Moderator says:

How about an ant colony dress? With bio-luminescent ants.

15. enkiv2 says:

Am I the only one thinking this should be repurposed more pragmatically for cooling? I’d be a lot happier out in the sun if I had one of these under my shirt pumping icewater.

Awesome! If only they had my size… (and i was a woman)

17. SuperElectric says:

I guess I’ll be the wet towel here, but does the wearer seriously need to drag around that pump-rack, like a hospital patient? Can somebody familiar with small-scale pumps and their power requirements comment on whether this can be realistically made to work with inline pumps and portable batteries?