This BBC video-clip describes the latest ingenious project from Sugata Mitra, an Indian-born professor at Newcastle University. You'll most likely know Mitra from his Hole in the Wall computers set into the walls of buildings in India's poorest slums. Mitra's new project uses the "UK Granny Cloud" -- a large group of British grannies who've agreed to volunteer an hour a week to tutor Indian classrooms over Skype video conferences -- to supplement education in Indian schools where there is a shortage of teachers.
- Good habit charts from India - Boing Boing
- 3 Idiots: Bollywood blockbuster is equal parts cautionary tale ...
- No work in the US? Move to India - Boing Boing
- Bamboo microscopes made in India for $4 - Boing Boing
- TED2009: Nandan Nilekani - Boing Boing
- Carrier bags made from Indian newspapers and Bollywood posters ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.