Bolt Depot's "Fastener Type Chart" is exactly what I need so as not to sound like a total idiot when I come up with some interesting project requiring a certain type of fitting and hie myself to the DIY shop to try to explain what I need to the clerk. More practically, it also gives you the right search terms to use to find the dingus you need.
- Smart auto-sorting bolt/screw/nut box - Boing Boing
- Bolt-shaped salt-and-pepper uses flexible tight coils for ...
- SmartBolts change color when they're tight enough - Boing Boing
- Chess pieces made from nuts and bolts - Boing Boing
- HOWTO make a camera stabilizer out of string, a screw and a washer ...
- Knipex Pliers Wrenches - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.