San Francisco on Thursday: event for new urban art book Trespass

7 Responses to “San Francisco on Thursday: event for new urban art book Trespass”

1. spencercat says:

Is the zebra mural by Banksy? Love it.

2. jack5225 says:

That first image reminds me of the old HOTel cORAL esSEX gag from one of the Revenge of the Nerds movies. Never gets old, even if the movies didn’t age well.

That must be a very old sign on the top. My mother was quite sad when the emporium went out of business.

4. buddy66 says:

I hope it includes the Los Angeles Fine Arts Squad from the 60s and 70s and some of their ”lost” masterpieces.

5. Brainspore says:

Aw fiddlesticks. I did my dang master’s thesis on those folks but I’m stuck teaching tonight so I won’t be able to be there before 9 or so. I hope some people will stick around late.

6. emilydickinsonridesabmx says:

I had a chance to check out the Trespass book launch at the Taschen store in NYC back in September. It was different than a standard book launch/signing, and much cooler in my opinion. Because there are so many artists featured in the book, everyone was just wandering around the room, hanging out in little groups. There was no signing “line”, it was completely casual. The artists were all very friendly, and I just walked around asking them to sign my book, and chatting about their work. Every book signing should be as informal as this. It was possible to actually have a real conversation, as opposed to being forced along in a line, getting a signature and then leaving. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to get a broad picture of what’s going on in the graf/street art world right now.

Here are some photos I took at the party (If you’ve never seen the Taschen space in NYC take a look, it has got to be the coolest looking book shop on the planet):

The Banksy image included here is actually most likely a fake. It’s somewhere in Africa.