Libya and Bahrain protests - Saturday 19 February
View Mapping Pro-Democracy Protests in Libya in a larger map
• Libya: Security forces in Benghazi have shot dead at least one person and injured a dozen after opening fire on mourners at a funeral for protesters killed in earlier demonstrations. Special forces stormed a protest camp in the eastern city at 5am.
• Bahrain: Thousands of protesters have retaken Pearl Square in the Bahraini capital after Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa ordered troops off the streets.
• Yemen: One protester was killed and seven were hurt in clashes with security forces in the capital, Sana'a.
• Algeria: Riot police in Algiers have broken up a planned march by thousands of pro-democracy campaigners.
- What does Libyan revolution mean for bit.ly? - Boing Boing
- Don't forget Yemen - Boing Boing
- Gentlemen in Yemen at "Day of Rage" protest
- Bahrain: anti-government protests continue despite brutal ...
- Bahrain: peaceful protests turn violent as police attack ...
- Bahrain: in protest crackdown, regime appears to have tightened ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.