Game Deaths MP3

20 Responses to “Game Deaths MP3”

“The slower arrangement used here is derived from a cover by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules, famously used in the film Donny Darko and a big hit in its own right.”

It’s “Donnie” apparently – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/

That is all.

Sincerely,

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Spelling Checker

2. kpkpkp says:

10,000 imaginary deaths and yet I feel no more prepared for the inevitable.

Hey, I like both versions, so I used them in a video.
    I hope that’s ok for you (I referenced to this site and your video), otherwise please contact me via youtube so I can remove the soundtrack.

Cheers :)

4. codeman38 says:

A bit of awesomeness: Xeni’s tweet linking to this has been retweeted by none other than Curt Smith.

How can I save this? I feel like a noob for asking! Thanks!

• optuser says:

“How can I save this? I feel like a noob for asking! Thanks!”

If you want to download in Firefox, right click the link and choose “Save link as…” Your PC will give you a menu box for saving the file in a location you wish.

If you’re using Explorer, right click and select option for “Save Target as…”

absolutely wonderful song. Thank you for creating it!

When I think of Mad World I think of Gary Jules version.

Effing brilliant creation, and kudos for the plug from frigging Curt Smith! My girlfriend nearly tackled me out of my computer chair when she heard it while I watched the Gamer Deaths video, and held me in a choke hold until I found her an MP3 of the song. Also, thank you for getting me out of a choke hold.

9. Johnny Coelacanth says:

Thanks for posting this. You should update your Youtube post for the clamoring horde who want to download this.

I actually prefer the second version, with the lower intro. I recognized the song immediately from that, without having to wait for the “lyrics” to come in; the opening chords were instantly familiar to my ears. That might be due to my being more familiar to the Darko version, though.

Although the lower octave version is more recognizable from a earlier stand point, I feel the higher version is more haunting and sorrowful, much more appropriate for the video, IMO.

Also, Suddenly recognizing the song later on in the movie gives a stronger effect to the viewer. It caught me by surprise, adding gravity to the video.

Bravo!

Lower Octave version for me. Excellent. Straight to the iPod.

13. IronyElemental says:

Opened it in two tabs on accident, squaring my love for it.

I’d like to buy this song, is it on iTunes? ..It should be.

I’m in absolute love with Your cover. Do You share this MP3 of the remix using some kind of Creative Commons license?

16. Colleen Galofaro says:

I’m in love. I want to put this in a loop and just listen for hours. It resonates with something inside me on a very visceral level.

17. mennucc says:

hi, I love these MP3, the  2° best; you should add more id3v2 tags: to define the copyright, e.g.
    id3v2 –TCOP ‘Creative Commons License permitting non-commercial sharing with attribution’
    and to credit your work:
    id3v2 –TPE4 ‘Rob Beschizza’
    and maybe also a link to this web page.