Xeni at space shuttle Endeavour launch for SpaceFlightNow webcast

12 Responses to “Xeni at space shuttle Endeavour launch for SpaceFlightNow webcast”

1. Stefan Jones says:

My parent’s winter home is in a trailer park on the Indian River. When there are launches the residents walk to the shabby little waterfront dock to watch.

I was hoping they’d give me a launch report, but it turns out they deliberatly left for New York a few days early so they wouldn’t have to deal with “shuttle traffic.”

2. kpurcell says:

Xeni, NASA throws a nice tweet-up by having lots of personnel come give updates and talks. Especially like the close-out crew who straps in the astronauts and closes the door. Make sure to say hi to Beth Beck for me. She is the worlds biggest advocate for Social Media at NASA. She got the agency primed using it to communicate to the greater community.

I went to STS-132 but would love to be at this one, going to be quite the circus! A big tip is that you can stand behind the Countdown Clock for a great view of the launch. The networks don’t really like you in front. “Ruins” the shot so they say.

Would anyone have a link to a high res version of this shuttle-on-the-crawler-at-night picture?

• Brainspore says:

That reminds me…

NASA, since you’re not going to be using that crawler anymore would it be cool if we convert it into a giant Jawa Sandcrawler? We recently got some bad news about our prospects for an Imperial AT-AT.

We’re on the same flight, going to Orlando fit the same event! The Perrys.

5. Alan says:

Okay, I’m officially jealous.

6. KurtMac says:

Seems to be a star-studded launch, with Levar Burton and Seth Green also attending the NASAtweetup (which makes me think that maybe their tweetup application was given a slight preference over mine!) I’ve tried multiple times to catch a launch in-person, and come hell or high water will try again for STS-135 in June, NASAtweetup or not!

7. Bryan Price says:

I’ll be across the water watching from Space View Park myself.

Unfortunately, I’m stuck at work, but I’ll be in Downtown Orlando and I’m closing my store during the 10-minute launch window.

Xeni, you should come by my shop: The U-Spy Store, where we pin Boing Boing articles to the wall and try to break the world of paranoia. (Usually we only make it worse).

9. RapidEye says:

I got passed over for the tweetup, but I managed to score 2 tickets for me an my 11yr old daughter to watch from the Visitor’s Center. I think the tweetup/VIP/Press folks get to watch from the VAB or better yet, the Saturn center – either case, much better than my seats….. =-(….

Jeni, wave to us in the cheap seats tomorrow!!! =-_)

In all seriousness. Lets hope these evening storms have taken care of the wild fires and tomorrow’s launch goes by the numbers: God Speed Endeavor!!!

10. Felton / Moderator says:

My sister and bro-in-law will be down there. Wish I could go. :-)

11. Brainspore says:

Dang, I guess I can add “shuttle launch” to the list of cool things I’ll never see. But I did get to sit with the press during the maiden launch of SpaceShipOne, so I guess that counts for something.