Life in Rebekah Brooks's newsroom

12 Responses to “Life in Rebekah Brooks's newsroom”

1. Zack says:

If you rearrange the letters in “Rebekah Brooks’s newsroom” it spells “Rupert Murdoch is Lord Voldemort.”

2. GuyInMilwaukee says:

Don’t miss a bit of Fry & Laurie as they have fun with “If Rupert Murdoch hadn’t been born…”
    Spot on I say.

• Daneel says:

I wonder if Hugh Lawrie still feels that way now he’s making $400K from Fox for each episode of House…

I suppose that was insensitive of them. A lot of people developed some sort of acute stress disorder that day, and in the mild hysteria that followed.

• Anonymous says:

“Why not? Charles, that is what we do – we go out and destroy other people’s lives.” – This sickens me.

Um, is this real? It sounds like it should be from the Onion. Yet there’s that whole article on the Telegraph website… Am I in the Matrix? I think my brain is breaking.

5. jeligula says:

I know the feeling. I once worked at a daily wherein the easiest thing you did the day before could get you fired the next. This culture went from the top down, so the publisher was the meanest pole cat in the field. It was a miserable place to work. When the publisher put his Porsche up for sale in the classifieds, I set the ad and photoshopped the word “DICKWAD 1″ on his back license plate as joke. Except it made it in print. As soon as I saw it, I went into his office, apologized and told him I would clean my desk out and be off the premises in ten minutes. I had only been there three weeks, so it was with great relief that I left and wasn’t turned into one of them.

6. jeligula says:

Oh yeah. Harry Potter as literature is gawd-awful. IMO.

7. Ugly Canuck says:

(Batman TV series ‘bridge’ music cue)

Meanwhile, across the sea in the secret operations Lab of Fox News Network….

Best quote, imho, cited in that article:

“There is a unit of spies that reports up to the boss about who was talking to whom. A lot of people are scared that they’re going to get sidelined or even that they’re going to get killed.”

(Batman TV series ‘shock’ music cue)

8. Snig says:

Three years he said that. “Good night Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning.”