Competitive kerning game

Kern Type, the kerning game [type.method.ac]

Discuss

19 Responses to “Competitive kerning game”

  1. Ambiguity says:

    T  h is  s o un d  s v ery f u   n, p rob ably bec au se I’ m s o g o o d   a t it!

  2. MadMolecule says:

    “Real nice and kentucky”?

    • marilove says:

      I’ve heard that phrase before!  I rather like it.

      Found this: http://folk.uio.no/alied/TMoL.html

      Douglas Adams! Awesome. Truly awesome.

      KENTUCKY (adv.)
      Fitting exactly and satisfyingly. The cardboard box that slides neatly into an exact space in a garage, or the last book which exactly fills a bookshelf, is said to fit ‘real nice and kentucky’.

      • MadMolecule says:

        Cool!  I’ve never heard that phrase before.  Perhaps because I live pretty close to Kentucky, so it’s not an abstract word around here.

  3. Frank W says:

    I didn’t get anywhere near 99%.

  4. Guest says:

    Borderline OCD? Check.

    I was born to play this game. *twitches*

  5. lakelady says:

    I thought this would be easy but I really didn’t expect to get 100% on most of them. And I’m not even in the graphics field (hmmm, maybe I should be)

  6. Nagurski says:

    I would just like to thank all of the people who have been doing the kerning for me all this time, while I typed away, blissfully unaware. If I had to kern for myself, I’m afraid I would induce headaches.

  7. kernkraftwerks says:

    I have nothing amusing to add. Except, perhaps, that this may well make up for never having been able to find a mug at Disneyland with my name on it.

    -Kern Sutton

  8. mjsergey says:

    Kottke is gonna be on this like white on couscous.

  9. Kernit the Font says:

    I for one approve of this game.

  10. Nicholas Packwood says:

    Effortless 100%s. For once, a game I am very, very good at. If any of you knew Mother Adams at Nepean High School in the ’80s, you will know why.

  11. Gemma says:

    I got better scores when I squinted/blurred the text. Who knew there was such an art to kerning?

  12. buddhathing says:

    So disappointing. I thought this was going to involve slowly bending nude NY co-eds over bar-stools in their breakfast nooks as the late-afternoon sun spills into their apartments, then gently nudging apart their legs to juuuuust the right angle before capturing their images in beautiful black-and-white. But I guess ‘Kerning’ is something different.

  13. N M says:

    Got 79 out of 100. :I

  14. Ambiguity says:

    Yes, and let’s hope that none of those protestors brought their smart phones with them. We wouldn’t want them to be frittering away their time when they’re supposed to be, er.. focusing on sitting there!

  15. SamSam says:

    Actually, I got 89%, so I guess it was the remaining 11% that destroyed me. #OccupyKerning

  16. D says:

    Listen to Sgt. Hulka.

Leave a Reply